LEGOLAND® Holidays Booking Terms and Conditions
LEGOLAND® Windsor Terms and Conditions
Holiday Extras Limited Booking Conditions for LEGOLAND® Holidays hotel packages
We aim to consistently exceed your expectations, so that when you are booking with us, you can feel confident you're with the best team there is. This section aims to bring important points to your attention.
These booking conditions form the basis of your contract with Holiday Extras Limited (trading as Holiday Extras). Holiday Extras Limited operates LEGOLAND® Holidays on behalf of LEGOLAND® Windsor Ltd. The web site addresses www.legolandhotels.co.uk and www.legolandholidays.co.uk are used by Holiday Extras Limited for the promotion of hotels with LEGOLAND® Windsor entrance tickets. In these booking conditions "We", "us" and "our" means Holiday Extras Limited. "You" and "your" means all persons named on the booking, including anyone added or substituted at a later date.
Once your hotel package for LEGOLAND® Windsor has been confirmed by us we will accept responsibility for it in accordance with the following Booking Conditions as an organiser under the Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992.
1. Making your booking: The party leader must be authorised to make the booking on the basis of these Booking Conditions by all persons named on the booking and by their parent or guardian for all party members who are under 18 when the booking is made. The party leader is responsible for making all payments due to us. The party leader must be at least 18 when the booking is made.
All bookings must be made on line via the websites named above, via our Call Centre or through one of our authorised travel agents. Your booking will be confirmed by a booking reference, we will reconfirm this to you and provide your confirmation by email. You will be issued with an instant email confirmation carrying a link to your print at home tickets. Please carefully follow the instructions on how to print your own tickets as you must bring these with you to gain entry to the park. If you do not have access to an email address or are encountering difficulties obtaining your booking confirmation, please contact us 0845 373 2640. Calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras.
Please check your Booking Confirmation carefully as soon as you receive it. Contact us immediately if any information appears to be incorrect or incomplete as it may not be possible to make changes later.
2. Payment: Full payment is required at the time of booking. All bookings made by credit cards are subject to a 2.0% handling fee, min. charge £1.50, max. charge £19.95 (non-refundable). This is not refundable and does not apply to debit cards. All monies you pay to one of our authorised travel agents for your holiday with us will be held by the agent on your behalf until we issue our confirmation invoice. After that point, your agent will hold the monies on our behalf.
Your contract: A binding contract between us comes into existence when we or our Call Centre Consultant / your travel agent gives you your booking reference. We will try to solve any disagreements quickly and efficiently. We both agree that English Law (and no other) will apply to your contract and to any dispute, claim or other matter of any description which arises between us (except as set out below). We both also agree that any dispute, claim or other matter of any description (and whether or not involving any personal injury) which arises between us must be dealt with by the Courts of England and Wales only unless, in the case of Court proceedings, you live in Scotland or Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland. In this case, proceedings must either be brought in the Courts of your home country or those of England and Wales or the Republic of Ireland. If proceedings are brought in Scotland or Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland, you may choose to have your contract and any dispute, claim or other matter of any description which arises between us governed by the law of Scotland/Northern Ireland/ the Republic of Ireland as applicable (but if you do not so choose, English law will apply).
Identity verification search: We will validate name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third party databases. By accepting these terms and conditions you consent to such checks being made. In performing these checks personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of that information. You can rest assured that this is done only to confirm your identity, that a credit check is not performed and that your credit rating will be unaffected. All information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
3. The cost of your break: Holiday Extras is committed to providing the best choice of product, at the best prices, so throughout the season we continually review our products and prices. There are likely to be some seasonal special offers and in some circumstances prices may go up or down. The price of your chosen package will be confirmed at the time of booking.
We reserve the right to correct errors in both advertised and confirmed prices. We will do so as soon as we become aware of the error. All prices are for pre-booking and include VAT at the current rate of 20%.
4. Changes by you: Should you wish to make any changes to your confirmed break, you must notify us as soon as possible. Whilst we will endeavour to assist, we cannot guarantee we will be able to meet any such requests. All amendments must be made through Holiday Extras. Any alteration requested within 24 hours of the date of ticket entrance to LEGOLAND® or within 24 hours of the hotel stay will be treated as a cancellation by you and you will have to pay the cancellation charges set out in clause 6.
5. Cancellation by you: Should you or any member of your party need to cancel your booking once it has been confirmed, the party leader must immediately advise us. All cancellations must be made through Holiday Extras and are subject to the conditions and charges (based on the total booking cost) below… When Cancelled… Cancellation Charge (% of total booking amount) On day of arrival - 100%
Within 1-3 days of arrival - 75%
Within 4-14 days of arrival - 50%
More than 14 days in advance of arrival - 25%
Cancellation on the date of purchase - 0% before 8pm - Unless your stay date is within 24 hours then 100% cancellation fees apply.
* The cancellation waiver waives the 25% charges if you cancel more than 14 days in advance.
Cancellation protection: If you add our non-refundable cancellation protection on to your booking (at the time of booking), this will protect you if you need to cancel for any reason. Provided you cancel your booking at least 36 hours before the date of your stay (or park entry whichever is the sooner), then the normal cancellation charge of up to 75% of the total of your booking will not apply. Please note that if you cancel your stay within this 36 hour period you will charged the full cost of your booking.
Cancellations must be performed over the telephone during our opening hours of 09.00 and 20.00. Cancellation requests via email or voicemail will not be processed.
6. Changes and cancellation by us: Occasionally, we have to make changes to and correct errors on web sites / brochures and other details both before and after bookings have been confirmed and cancel confirmed bookings and we must reserve the right to do so. Occasionally, we have to make a "significant change". "Significant changes" include the following changes when made before departure;
a change of accommodation to that of a lower official classification or standard
a change of accommodation area
If we have to make a significant change or cancel, we will tell you as soon as possible. If there is time to do so before departure, we will offer you the choice of the following options:
(a) accepting the changed arrangements or
(b) purchasing an alternative LEGOLAND® break from us, of a similar standard to that originally booked if available. If the chosen alternative is less expensive than your original one, we will refund the difference but if it is more expensive, we will not ask you to pay any more.
(c) cancelling or accepting the cancellation in which case you will receive a full and quick refund of all monies you have paid to us. Please note, the above options are not available where any change made is a minor one.
If we have to notify you of a significant change or cancel before departure, we will, as a minimum, where compensation is due pay you 20 per person depending on the compensation payments set out in the table below depending on the circumstances and when the significant change or cancellation is notified to you, subject to the following exceptions:
Compensation will not be payable and no liability beyond offering the above mentioned choices can be accepted where we are forced to make a change or cancel as a result of unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which we could not have avoided even with all due care.
No compensation will be payable and the above options will not be available if we cancel as a result of your failure to comply with any requirement of these booking conditions entitling us to cancel (such as paying on time)
In all cases, our liability for significant changes and cancellations is limited to offering you the above mentioned options and, where applicable, compensation. We regret we cannot pay any expenses, costs or losses incurred by you as a result of any change or cancellation.
7. Force Majeure: Except where otherwise expressly stated in these booking conditions, we regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss (as more fully described in clause 9 (1) below) as a result of "force majeure".
In these Booking Conditions, "force majeure" means any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity or actual threatened terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events outside our control.
8. Our Liability to you
(1) We promise to make sure that the holiday arrangements we have agreed to make, perform or provide as applicable as part of our contract with you are made, performed or provided with reasonable skill and care. This means that, subject to these booking conditions, we will accept responsibility if, for example, you suffer death or personal injury or your contracted holiday arrangements are not provided as promised or prove deficient as a result of the failure of ourselves, our employees, agents or suppliers to use reasonable skill and care in making, performing or providing, as applicable, your contracted holiday arrangements. Please note it is your responsibility to show that reasonable skill and care has not been used if you wish to make a claim against us. In addition, we will only be responsible for what our employees, agents and suppliers do or do not do if they were at the time acting within the course of their employment (for employees) or carrying out work we had asked them to do (for agents and suppliers).
(2) We will not be responsible for any injury, illness, death, loss (for example loss of enjoyment), damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results from any of the following: - - the act(s) and/or omission(s) of the person(s) affected or any member(s) of their party or - the act(s) and/or omission(s) of a third party not connected with the provision of your holiday and which were unforeseeable or unavoidable or - 'force majeure' as defined in clause 8.
(3) Please note, we cannot accept responsibility for any services which do not form part of our contract. This includes, for example, any additional services or facilities which your hotel or any other supplier agrees to provide for you where the services or facilities are not advertised in our brochure and we have not agreed to arrange them.
Also please note that whilst we endeavour to ensure photographs are appropriate and accurate representations they must not be regarded as contractual.
(4) The promises we make to you about the services we have agreed to provide or arrange as part of our contract will be used as the basis for deciding whether the services in question had been properly provided.
(5) Please note, we cannot accept any liability for any damage, loss, expense or other sum(s) of any description (1) which on the basis of the information given to us by you concerning your booking prior to our accepting it, we could not have foreseen you would suffer or incur if we breached our contract with you or (2) which did not result from any breach of contract or other fault by ourselves or our employees or, where we are responsible for them, our suppliers. Additionally we cannot accept liability for any business losses.
(6) You must provide ourselves and our insurers with all assistance we may reasonably require. You must also tell us and the supplier concerned about your claim or complaint as set out in clause 12 below. If asked to do so, you must transfer to us or our insurers any rights you have against the supplier or whoever else is responsible for your claim or complaint (if the person concerned is under 18, their parent or guardian must do so). You must also agree to cooperate fully with us and our insurers if we or our insurers want to enforce any rights which are transferred".
10. Complaints and problems: In the unlikely event that you have any reason to complain or experience any problems with your break whilst away, you must immediately inform the supplier of the service(s) in question. Any verbal notification must be put in writing and given to the supplier as soon as possible. If you are still dissatisfied, you must notify us at the earliest opportunity. Until we know about a problem or complaint, we cannot begin to resolve it. If you remain dissatisfied, however, you must write to our Customer Care Team within 28 days of the end of the break you have purchased from us giving your booking reference and full details of your complaint. For all complaints and claims which do not involve death, personal injury or illness, we regret we cannot accept liability if you fail to notify the complaint or claim entirely in accordance with this clause.
11. Your Responsibilities: Bookings are accepted on the understanding that all persons travelling are normally in good health and able to fulfil the physical demands of a theme park break.
It is your responsibility to ensure all members of the party are in possession of all necessary travel and health documents before departure. British Citizens do not require a passport or visa for the Legoland Windsor Hotel Package we offer. Irish citizens require a full Irish passport to enter the UK. A full Irish passport takes at least 5 weeks to obtain. If you or any member of your party is not a British Citizen or passport holder and are travelling from outside the UK please check passport and visa requirements with the Embassy or Consulate of the UK and any other countries through which you are intending to travel. We cannot accept any liability or associated costs if you are refused entry onto any transport or into the UK as a result of failure to carry correct documentation.
12. Conditions of suppliers: Many of the services which make up your break are provided by independent suppliers. Those suppliers provide these services in accordance with their own terms and conditions. Some of these terms and conditions may limit or exclude the supplier's liability to you. Copies of the relevant parts of these terms and conditions are available on request from the supplier concerned.
13. Special requests and medical problems: If you have any special request, you must advise us at the time of booking. Although we will endeavour to pass any reasonable requests on to the relevant supplier, we regret we cannot guarantee any request will be met. Failure to meet any special request will not be a breach of contract on our part. Confirmation that a special request has been noted or passed on to the supplier or the inclusion of the special request on your confirmation invoice or any other documentation is not confirmation that the request will be met. Unless and until specifically confirmed, all special requests are subject to availability.
14. If you or any member of your party has any medical problem or disability which may affect your break, please tell us before you confirm your booking. In any event, you must give us full details in writing at the time of booking. If we reasonably feel unable to properly accommodate the particular needs of the person concerned, we must reserve the right to decline their reservation or, if full details are not given at the time of booking, cancel when we become aware of these details.
15. Financial security: For hotel packages with LEGOLAND® Windsor entrance tickets, we operate a trust account. This arrangement means your money will be refunded in the unlikely event of our being unable to provide your break due to our insolvency.
16. Call Monitoring and Recording: As part of our continuing effort to ensure you receive the highest service standards, we may monitor and record your call for training purposes.
17. Directions: Please make sure you have directions to your hotel and the hotel's telephone number. LEGOLAND® is well signed from the M4 and M3, basic directions are also provided on your email voucher. Directions should be used in conjunction with an up to date road map.
18. Overnight parking: Parking for the night of your stay at the hotel is included in the price as and where indicated, otherwise a parking charge is payable directly to the hotel. Parking is always at the vehicle owners risk. Hotels own car parks are unsecured unless otherwise stated.
19. Holiday Extras star ratings: All hotel star ratings in Holiday Extras literature are Holiday Extras own ratings and are based on the following:
Any official rating awarded to the hotel, for example: AA Stars, RAC Stars and ETB Crowns will be considered, but they would not translate directly into the equivalent number of Holiday Extras stars.
If a hotel does not hold an official rating, we evaluate it on a similar basis to most official scheme operators.
In both of the above cases, when giving our rating we also consider:
Feedback we have received from our customers.
Feedback from our own regular visits to the hotels, both on business & as customers.
20. LEGOLAND® Brick Grading: Hotels within the LEGOLAND® Holidays shortbreak program are provided with a brick grading. Brick grading reflects the suitability of selected hotels for family stays, including assessment of the availability of Leisure facilities, childrens entertainment and/or designated play areas, childrens menus, cots and high chairs. Full details of assessment criteria are available on request.
21. Standard rooms: All rooms offer a private bathroom with shower and in some cases a bath (unless other wise stated).
22. Breakfast: Is included unless otherwise stated. Where included, please check the earliest time it is available.
23. Leisure facilities: May be charged for and certain restrictions may apply, for example children may not be permitted to use some or all facilities and some facilities may incur an extra charge.
24. Alarm calls: As hotels do not take responsibility for alarm calls we suggest you take a travel alarm.
25. Pre-authorisation at hotel: Please be aware that most hotels will ask you for a credit or debit card against which they can pre-authorise an amount in respect of any extras or other expenses charged to the room. The amount pre-authorised is at the discretion of the hotel and varies widely. In the event that any charges are payable you will be free to pay for these either with the pre-authorised card or by any other acceptable means.
26. LEGOLAND Resort Hotel
Behaviour Policy: Your behaviour should not be excessive or rowdy, especially at night. Offensive or illegal behaviour will not be tolerated and could lead to eviction from the LEGOLAND Windsor Hotel. You must show consideration for your neighbours and other guests. Please treat accommodation and facilities with respect and care so that other guests may continue to enjoy them. We reserve the right to recover from you any compensation we may pay to other guests as a result of your action.
27. LEGOLAND® Park Conditions
LEGO®, the LEGO® logo and LEGOLAND® are trademarks of the LEGO Group and are here used with special permission. ©2010 the LEGO® Group. All rights reserved.
The park opens daily at 1000am and closes at between 1700 and 1900 depending on the season, please check the park calendar at www.legolandholidays.co.uk / www.legolandhotels.co.uk or call Holiday Extras on 0800 21 20 50. Calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras.
Age, height and weight restrictions may apply on some rides. Ride restrictions are posted at individual attractions. Not all rides and attractions and shows may be operational on the day of visit.
Use of the ticket implies agreement with the terms & conditions posted at the LEGOLAND® Windsor entrance and / or in the park guide.
Print at home tickets are not available on our 1 Day LEGOLAND® & 1 Day Chessington Combination ticket or any of our add on attractions vouchers you will need to exchange vouchers at the Theme Parks.
LEGOLAND® management reserves the right to refuse admission to any ticket holder and, in the interest of the public and for safety reasons, they also reserve the right to require guests to leave the Park at any time.
Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult aged over 18 at LEGOLAND® Windsor.
28. Q-bot Terms and Conditions: · An online reservation may be made for a future date only. If you would like to rent a Q-bot on the day, please do this at the Park. Children under 3 are not required to pay but still count towards the six people allowed on each Q-bot. Please note, for verification purposes, all guests who have a reservation must arrive at the nerve centre together to collect the Q-bot. At the end of your visit you must return the Q-bot to the Q-bot nerve centre. Failure to return the Q-bot undamaged will mean that your credit or debit card will be charged the non-return fee you agree to pay when you collect the Q-bot. Guests are advised that for technical, operational and other reasons beyond our control, any activity, ride or show may be closed or otherwise unavailable at any time. · Certain age, height and weight restrictions apply to some rides and attractions · Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult aged 16 or over at all times · Q-bot holders may be required to wait to board. Your party may have to split up due to the size of the carriages. · · You will be asked to disembark the attraction after each turn. This does not stop you joining the main queue line to wait. · The Q-bot cannot be mis-used and the ride operator or duty manager’s word is final and discussion will not be entered into. · LEGOLAND® Windsor Park cannot be held responsible if there are no queues on the day of your chosen visit. · Q-bots are only valid for rides. It does not include Preferred Parking, restaurants, shows, educational workshops, Climbing Wall, Pirate Goldwash and any other additional charged activities. Please note that the Q-Bot level offered is 'Regular'. The park directly offer 3 levels - regular, express & ultimate. Only 1 ride at a time can be booked. No add-on attractions such Atlantis Submarine Voyage and Boating School can be used with the Q-Bot.
Standard LEGOLAND® Windsor terms and conditions apply and are posted at the entrance to the Park.
Please note that having a registered disability does not automatically guarantee receiving a Ride Access Pass. Ride Access Passes are reserved for guests who do not understand the concept of queuing; have difficulties with everyday social interaction; have a limited capacity to follow instruction or to understand others’ emotional feelings or expressions, and may become agitated or distressed having to wait for extended periods of time. In view of the level of accessibility in the Resort, wheelchair users will not receive a Ride Access Pass. For those rides and attractions where wheelchair access is via the exit, a Ride Access Pass is not required. Guests who qualify for the Ride Access Pass scheme must go to Guest Services, either in The Beginning or in LEGO City, with some form of documentation stating the nature of their disability. The issuance of Ride Access Passes is based upon documentary proof of disability (blue or orange badges will not be accepted as this does not state the nature of the disability). Examples of documentation required are: GP’s letter, Association Membership details, Council run membership, or any other form that states the disability. Please note, Disability Living Allowance (DLA) letters are not sufficient as they do not state the nature of the disability. Our staff are not medically trained so unless there is a disability clearly stated we are unable know what services are required. Guests without the relevant documentation will not be issued with a Ride Access Pass. Guests will be required to sign the Ride Access Pass declaration on production of appropriate documentation. Documentation will need to be presented every season. Photographic identification is needed on each and every occasion an application for a Ride Access Pass is made at Guest Services. Ride Access Passes will allow guests to experience up to ten rides. In addition to the rides there are shows and activities that can be enjoyed. For full terms and conditions, please visit here.
LEGOLAND® Windsor Park cannot be held responsible if there are no queues on the day of your chosen visit. This pass is only valid for rides. It does not include Preferred Parking, restaurants, shows, educational workshops, Climbing Wall, Pirate Goldwash and any other additional charged activities.
Standard LEGOLAND® Windsor terms and conditions apply and are posted at the entrance to the Park.
Car Parking will be charged at £3.00 per car, per day.
29. Current tickets and lead prices:
2 for 1 days, both days must be used within 3 days of your first entry date into LEGOLAND® Windsor.
3 for 2 days, both days must be used within 4 days of your first entry date into LEGOLAND® Windsor.
4 for 3 days, both days must be used within 5 days of your first entry date into LEGOLAND® Windsor.
Kids Go Free tickets: One child goes free for every full paying adult to the park.
*Kids Go FREE Lead Price based on two adults and two children staying for one night in a family room including breakfast at the Hilton Basingstoke hotel with two day Park tickets. Total price for a family of four from £156 (Can be found on Thursday, Friday and Sunday night stays). 1 child goes FREE for each paying adult.
Terms and conditions: Lead price of £156 based on the Hilton Basingstoke. £4 upgrade price per person compared to standard online 1 day family ticket prices. Subject to availability. Based on two adults and two children staying for one night in a family room including breakfast at the Hilton Basingstoke hotel with two day Park tickets. Total price for a family of four from £156 (Can be found on Thursday, Friday and Sunday night stays.
Please note during busy periods you may be allocated a room which does not have a separate children's area at the LEGOLAND Resort Hotel.
Please note if you purchase a Merlin Annual Pass at LEGOLAND® Windsor, LEGOLAND® Holidays will not be liable to refund the cost of the tickets purchase on your Short Breaks package prior to purchasing your Merlin Annual Pass.
Holiday Extras Limited, Newingreen, Hythe, Kent CT21 4JF Contact us regarding LEGOLAND® Hotel Packages on Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone 0845 3732640. Calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras.